Fairness and transparency has been a key driver to the success of SouthSide Property Management since it was founded in 2009. The company has a strong focus on Price, Quality and Service which has allowed them to grow consistently over the past 14 years.
Here are some of the ways that SouthSide Property Management may differ from other companies in the industry:
- An all-inclusive full-management service for landlords: This includes 3 main areas: Lettings, Property Management and Accounts within their standard management fee of 9%+VAT (10.8%). The service also includes advertising and marketing, tenancy renewals, arrangement of maintenance and works, regular property visits and, HMO renewals within the management fee.
- Reduced management fees: should a landlord already have tenants in place, a reduction from the standard 9%+VAT (10.8%) to 6%+VAT (7.2%) is in place for the duration of that tenancy. Standard management fees are also further reduced once the same tenant has been in a property for 3 years, 5 years and 7 years or more.
- Transparency: SouthSide Property Management prides themselves on keeping costs low for landlords by never taking a commission or kickback on maintenance and passing any cost savings through economies of scale from suppliers directly to landlords, which is rare in the industry.
- Local expertise: There is a focus on managing properties in the local and surrounding area and as a result, they have a good knowledge of the local property market, regulations, and tenant preferences. They are also experts in their field regarding HMO (Houses of Multiple Occupancy).
- A personalised service: As a company, there is a strong emphasis on people and relationships, from offering a personal and attentive ‘one point of contact’ service to landlords and tenants to building and maintaining their team and as a result they have a strong reputation for retention and growth through referrals.
- Strong values: The company takes pride in keeping their tenants, landlords and team Safe, Happy and Sustainable. This is through quality training as well as being on top of industry changes and legislation, comprehensive systems and processes, good communication and having a strong focus on social and community impact.
- Pro-active management: To maintain the value and functionality of properties there is a pro-active approach to visiting properties to identify and address potential issues before they escalate into costly problems. Regular visits, scheduled maintenance and timely repairs can help prevent minor issues from turning into major repairs and keep landlords and tenants safe. Additionally, staying up to date with property improvements including decoration and EPC (energy performance certificate) ratings increases the property’s overall appeal and value.
- Investment and refurbishment service: As well as assisting landlords to find investment properties, the company has an in-house projects team available to help landlords to maintain their existing rental properties to a high standard and add value through refurbishment and space optimisation. In 2022 alone, the team added 42 bedrooms to existing dwellings, equivalent to an average of 16 new properties, at a time when housing is needed the most.
- Training and Technology: The team has a strong focus on development through regular training and professional qualifications. The also company uses bespoke software to manage their maintenance and accounts, which means that they can continuously improve their service and efficiency to clients.
In summary the service that SouthSide Property Management provides is simple and transparent, and the company will always look for ways to keep things fair and reduce costs for landlords and tenants. For a Free, No Obligation Property Appraisal, or more information on services, landlords can visit the Letting & Management section of the website.