SouthSide Property Management Organisation Privacy Notice
Our contact details
Name: SouthSide Property Management
Address: 20 Nicolson Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9DH
Phone Number: 0131 51 000 51
Web Address: www.southsidemanagement.com
Main point of contact for data protection matters: Catherine Dalrymple E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
• Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
• Bank details
• Occupation status information
• Guarantor details
• Council tax account details
• Utility service details
• CCTV recordings from within the office
• Rent and other payments records
• Employee data
• IP addresses to track website traffic statistics
• Any other information necessary for applications
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of
the following reasons:
• Applying for a property.
• Paying rent.
• Fulfilling other obligations under your tenancy agreement.
• When accessing our website.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
• Utility companies or service providers.
• Neighbours in circumstances where they have a concern or complaint.
• Guarantors, where necessary.
• Other law enforcement agencies may give us information about you.
• The local authority may give us information relevant to Council Tax.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on forprocessing this information are:
(a) Your consent.
• You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting your designated Property Manager.
(b) We have a contractual obligation under your tenancy agreement.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
• Write references when requested.
• Send receipts and any relevant documentation.
• Send any information about our business.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully.
We will share information we hold on you with others, where this is necessary. This includes:
• Partner companies and contractors to complete works in your property.
• To your next of kin, if details provided, in case of an emergency.
• With landlords or other letting agents where you have requested a reference for an application for another property.
• Utility and service providers to provide information about occupants of the property to enable them to contact you for billing.
• Guarantors and joint tenants, where it is necessary for your responsibilities under the tenancy agreement.
• SouthSide Property Management may be approached by law enforcement agencies with a request for data. If this occurs, we will disclose the data without the consent of the data subject.
How we store your information
Your information is stored on our secure internal servers where only authorised persons within the business can access it. Servers and computers which contain data is protected by an approved security software and firewall.
Electronic data stored on removeable media is kept locked away when not in use, accessible to authorised members only.
We keep electronic personal information for up to 10 years, or as long as the information is relevant to the business. We will then erase your data by deleting it from the server and any offline locations it may be stored.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
Subject Access Request
If any of your personal data is held by SouthSide Property Management, you are entitled to submit a subject access request.
• What information the company holds on you and why;
• How to gain access to it;
• To keep informed how the information is kept up to date;
• And to keep informed how the company is meeting its data protection obligations.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request,we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact Catherine Dalrymple, at email@example.com or phone the office at the above contact details if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about data handling within Southside Property Management, you can contact:
20 Southside Property Management
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113