Signing a Private Residential Tenancy (PRT)
- Once your application has been accepted, you will receive an email from your application coordinator with your designated property manager’s contact details. Please keep a note of these for future reference.
- Shortly after an application has been accepted you will be contacted to make arrangements for all tenants (aged 16+) to meet with a member of our team – usually your designated property manager. This will normally take place within 2 weeks of your application being accepted, and will be from Monday-Friday between 8am and 4pm.
- Please leave a minimum of 30 minutes for the appointment so there is sufficient time to run through the property overview sheet, which contains important information relating to your tenancy and ask any questions regarding your tenancy.
- You will receive an email with a link to the online signature website, PingSign, where you will be able to view your tenancy agreement in full and esign. If there are any guarantors attached to the tenancy they will receive the same email, and will be able to view the tenancy agreement and sign the guarantor section. All tenants and guarantors MUST sign the tenancy agreement before the afore mentioned meeting. After the meeting your property manager will then sign our part of the tenancy agreement. All tenants will then be sent a fully signed copy of the tenancy agreement.
- When paid, your deposit will be transferred to Letting Protection Scotland (LPS) within 30 working days of your tenancy commencing and we will provide them with your contact details. LPS will return your deposit directly to you at the end of your tenancy, upon receipt of all required documents. Please keep these details safe as you will need them again when you come to checkout. More information can be found on the LPS website or they can be contacted on 0330 303 0031.
- Keys can be collected from our office on the day your tenancy starts Monday – Friday between 2pm and 5.30pm or Saturday 11am – 1pm.