Signing a Lease
- Once your application has been accepted, you will receive an email from your designated property manager with their contact details. Please keep a note of these for future reference.
- Shortly after an application has been accepted you will be contacted to make arrangements for all tenants (aged 18+) to sign the lease with a member of our team (usually your designated property manager). Lease signings take place from Monday-Friday between 8am and 5pm.
- Please leave a minimum of 1 hour for the appointment so there is sufficient time to read through the lease and ask any questions regarding your tenancy.
- At the time of your lease signing, your deposit (usually equal to one month’s rent) and the first month’s rent must be paid. If your move date is on/after 15th of the month, you will need to pay the remainder of the month (pro-rata) and the full following month at your lease signing and funds must clear before the keys are issued.
- When paid, your deposit will be transferred to Letting Protection Scotland (LPS) within 30 working days of your lease commencing and we will provide them with your contact details. LPS will return your deposit directly to you at the end of your tenancy, upon receipt of all required documents. Please keep these details safe as you will need them again when you come to checkout. More information can be found on the LPS website lettingprotectionscotland.co.uk or they can be contacted on 08444 72 66 66.
- Keys can be collected from our office on the day your tenancy starts Monday – Friday between 2.30pm and 6pm or Saturday 9am – 1pm. Details regarding your lease signing, payments and key collection will be emailed to you in advance.
- Your lease and accompanying documents will also include your property reference which should be used on all correspondence with you property manager.