To further protect our tenants and our team we will now be conducting virtual routine property visits to tenanted properties and tenants will be contacted to arrange a date and time to suit their schedule.
We will continue to carry out virtual viewings until an application is accepted for a property at which time, a physical viewing can then be offered to the prospective tenants. Conditions still apply and vary, depending on whether the property is currently tenanted or vacant. We ask that people wear a face covering when attending a viewing and use hand sanitiser before entering and when leaving a property – our viewers are able to provide hand sanitiser if required.
To allow for social distancing, many of our team will be working remotely on certain days however, will still be contactable by email and by phone – please see below for direct dials for our Property Managers and Applications Team. If you wish to meet with a member of the team, we can offer virtual meetings in the first instance or a face to face meeting in our office by appointment only, during which, we would ask all parties to wear a face covering and use the hand sanitiser provided when entering and leaving the office in line with government guidelines.
Please note, in line with Government Guidance, we have been able to open our office to the public by appointment only. The government still encourages avoiding contact as much as possible and if it can be done virtually to use this option in the first instance.
We will continue to carry out virtual viewings, however, we are now able to offer a physical viewing to a limited number of people who have been accepted for a property. Conditions do apply and vary depending on if the property is currently tenanted or vacant. We also will ask people viewing to wear a face covering when attending the viewing and not to touch anything in the property.
We are doing a phased return to work so some of our team will be working remotely on certain days. We do have direct dials below for our Property Managers and Applications Team.
Coronavirus information: Update 19/05/20
Please see the below table for our direct dials, it’s important to note who you should call when.
If you are a prospective tenant with an ACTIVE APPLICATION please call your coordinator. Look for your property reference number on your online account to see who this is, if you aren’t sure.
|Application Coordinator||Reference numbers||Direct dial|
|Lewis Collie||0600L – 1200L, 2401L – 2700L||0131 510 8024|
|Amy Dickson||1501L – 2100L||0131 510 8017|
|Mhairi Gilmour||1201L – 1500L, 2101L – 2400L||0131 510 8020|
|Anna Pajak||0001L – 0599L, 01P – 75P||0131 510 8019|
If you are a CURRENT TENANT or LANDLORD, please call your property manager. If you’re a tenant and you aren’t sure who this is, check your application accepted email or your tenancy agreement. If you’re a Landlord, check your monthly rental statement.
|Property Manager||Reference numbers||Direct dial|
|Natasha Lang||0001L – 0300L||0131 510 8010|
|Leah Birch||0301L – 0600L, 01P – 75P||0131 510 8014|
|Andrew Anderson||0601L – 1200L||0131 510 8015|
|Katy Fitton||1201L – 1500L||0131 510 8016|
|Jonny Dinelow||1501L – 1800L||0131 510 8006|
|Emma Winning||1801L – 2100L||0131 510 8008|
|Angela McIntyre||2101L – 2400L||0131 510 8009|
|Dewald “D” Nel||2401L – 2700L||0131 510 8007|
New Landlord Property Appraisals – we can now offer virtual property appraisals via Zoom from 2.30pm Monday – Friday. Please fill out this form to enquire and request an appointment.
Due to SouthSide now working remotely, please see below query types and what to do/who to contact:
- New Landlord wishing to let out your property – please call Leah on 0131 510 8014. If there is no response as she is on another call please email Leah on email@example.com and she will come back to you as quickly as possible.
- Current Landlord wishing to speak to your property manager – please see direct emails/numbers for property managers below. Unless an emergency, we ask that you email in the first instance.
- Supplier/Contractor regarding essential works – please call the office if an emergency, otherwise email or direct dial the property manager for the works, as per below.
- Current tenant wishing to speak with property manager regarding rent/maintenance OR previous tenant regarding deposit – please see direct emails/numbers for property managers below. Unless an emergency, we ask that you email in the first instance.
- Applicant/prospective tenant – please see direct emails/numbers for application coordinator. Unless an emergency, we ask that you email in the first instance. If you do not know who your application coordinator is, please refer to your acknowledgement email sent when you originally applied.
- Anything else? – please email firstname.lastname@example.org and allow 2 working days for a response
In line with our normal services levels, we will continue to keep you up to date as possible with the ever changing situation with the Coronavirus.
Following the advice from the government and our main regulatory body ARLA where they have instructed the shut down of all non essential offices, social spaces, maximum of 2 people out together etc. we have had to regrettably close our office and suspend many of our services to help protect all of our clients and team. This is to ensure the safety of our team and do our bit for society.
With this we are still open for business however have put the below in place so that we can do our utmost to maintain service levels. If you can help us with the following that would be greatly appreciated to help get us all through this tough time.
We have set up remote working for our business critical key members of our team, including Property Managers and Accounts. As much as we want to try and prevent any delays on our service, please be patient and kind with us as like every other business we have a reduced amount of our team working as we won’t have the same phone support as we would if everyone was in the office. For those of us able to work, we will be doing our very best
- Our business hours will be 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday
- Please email in the first instance as we will only have skeleton cover for the phones, below you will see a list of emails depending on your query
- For emergencies/urgent calls during office hours please contact your property manager/application coordinator on their direct dial below and if no response within four hours, and in an emergency, call 0131 51 000 51
- We still have our emergency out of hours service (0131 510 2424) running however please note that this is for emergencies only, e.g. fire, flood, unsecure property etc. anything that is not an emergency will have to wait until the next working day. They won’t be able to take messages and pass on to the relevant person. We need to make sure this line is kept free for emergencies only.
|New landlord email@example.com|
|Queries on our properties on the market (please note all physical viewings are currently suspended)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Applying for a email@example.com|
|Current/upcoming tenant enquiries||Email your property manager|
|Rent payments||Email your property manager|
Should you need to contact your Property Manager urgently you can do so by calling their direct dial – please only contact your Property Manager. If the call is unanswered as they are on another call we ask that you follow up with an email and your call will be returned that day (during working hours)
Should you need to contact your application coordinator urgently you can do so by calling their direct dial – please do not call the office direct. If the call is unanswered as they are on another call we ask that you follow up with an email and your call will be returned that day (during working hours)
Please be advised, in line with government guidelines surrounding COVID-19, all physical viewings have been suspended and instead we can offer virtual viewings of our properties.
You can still book viewings on our website or by calling our office on 0131 510 0051. You will then receive a text by 6pm the night before the viewing asking you how you would like the viewing to take place, e.g. via WhatsApp Skype etc.
If you have a viewing booked already, you should receive a text with information regarding this and the new time/date allocated for your virtual viewing. If you have not received this text, please call us and we will arrange it for you.
Please note, you should allocate up to 45 minutes from the start time of the viewing as virtual tours will be operating one by one.
We are still available for property appraisals during this time. We can meet you at the property, applying appropriate social distancing measures, or use keys to access and carry out a video appraisal, so you do not need to be present. We can also offer a video call for appraisal.
To book in, just complete the “Request a Free Property Appraisal” form at the bottom of our website, or call the office on 0131 510 0051.
SouthSide remain open currently. We understand how extremely important housing is for everyone and are doing our utmost to keep our services running as normal.
To help protect you as a client, our tenants and our team we have split our office which was one whole office split over two floors into six separate offices and working as ‘PODs’ all with separate access points, therefore should one person be unfortunate to contract the virus it would then not affect our whole team.
Although we are restricting access in the office to necessary visits only, we are still available to help over email and the phone.
If you are having financial difficulties due to COVID-19, please let your Property Manager know as soon as possible.
In the meantime, we would advise that you seek independent advice on any benefits/sick pay that you may be entitled to. You can get free advice from:
- Shelter Scotland
- Citizens Advice Scotland
- The Money Advice Service
- Scotland’s Financial Health Service
With the recent outbreak of the coronavirus, SouthSide are trying to do our best to help protect our tenants, team, landlords, and contractors.
We are keeping a close eye on government guidelines regarding the coronavirus. Here are some things that we can do to help minimise contact with people and stay protected. We ask that you only come into the office if it is necessary at this time. Contractors have also been asked to limit their visits to the office once per day. This is a precautionary measure that must be taken to help prevent the spread of the virus.
As part of our job involves visiting properties for viewings, routine property visits or HMO visits, we would ask that if you are in self-isolation, please let your Property Manager know, so we do not visit your property. This includes contractors, who will not be able to attend the property for maintenance. In addition to this, please also let us know if you have visited one of the Category 1 or Category 2 areas in the last 14 days, as we will not be able to attend the property in that case. Guidance from the government on those areas are here:
We are awaiting information from our regulating body, ARLA Propertymark, who have contacted the government for guidance if an issue arose where a tenant is in a period of self-isolation and something goes wrong in the property that requires necessary maintenance. We will be sure to update you if anything helpful comes from this.
What SouthSide are doing:
- Alcohol hand sanitiser bottles into every vehicle.
- Policy of making sure members of the public sanitise hands before entering a property for a viewing.
- Installing hand sanitiser pumps on the wall at the front of our office for use by members of the public and throughout the office for the team.
- Cleaning all desk/phone/computer surfaces daily.
- No shaking hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people.
- Self-isolation of team members if returning from a high risk country, or having symptoms of the coronavirus.
Some basic tips to help minimise the spread of germs:
- Wash your hands with antibacterial soap for at least 20 seconds, regularly.
- Use alcohol hand gel in addition.
- Use a tissue for catching coughs or sneezes, then bin it immediately.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid going near people who seem ill.
SouthSide Property Management
If you have visited our website today to search available properties, flats to let, houses to let in Edinburgh surrounding areas, please use the form at the top of this page or select the latest Properties tab to view all listings.