Applying for a Property
- Detailed information on how to make an application will be provided at the viewing. Simply complete a Tenant Detail Form (one per tenant aged 18+) and hand/email/fax/post into our office along with the guarantor form (if required) and we will get back to you within 3-6 working days to let you know if the landlord has shortlisted your application. If you have been shortlisted we will then start checking your references and request all supporting documents listed below:
- Photographic ID (driver’s license or passport)
- Proof of current address (e.g. utility bill, bank statement – dated within the last 3 months or current tenancy agreement)
- Proof of income (pay slips or bank statements for the last 3 months – if you are starting a new job a copy of your employment contract is also accepted. If you are self-employed and don’t receive monthly pay slips then an SA302 is also acceptable – this can be provided by HMRC).
Completed forms and the required documents must be provided within one week of applying for the property, otherwise your application will be assumed withdrawn (unless communication is made to state otherwise).
- If you are a student and not in full time employment or do not have sufficient income (a student loan does not count as an income), you will be asked to provide a guarantor.
- If you are unemployed you will be asked to provide a guarantor and we may ask for the first and last month’s rent to be paid up front.
- If your credit rating is insufficient (deemed by Experian or other relevant companies we use) or the rent is deemed too high a percentage of your income (typically 40% of your net income) then a guarantor is also likely to be requested.
- If you and/or your guarantor do not currently live in the UK, or cannot be traced to a UK address, we may ask for the first and last month’s rent to be paid up front.
A Guarantor would require photo ID and proof of address. A physical copy of the Guarantor Form is available at your viewing or from our office and can also be downloaded from our website by clicking the ‘Guarantor Form’ link above or below.